Spanish program description
Group Class: 4 hours a day
Spanish language students meet for four hours from Monday through Friday in groups of six students maximum (most of the time we have 3 or 4 as maximum). These classes usually take place in the morning from 8 am to 12 noon. Some students might be assigned classes in the afternoon from 1 to 5 pm.
Private Spanish Classes:
One-on-one Spanish language instruction is designed especially for people who want to advance at their ownpace, work on specific vocabulary, have special needs or who have limited time. These classes take place according to the student's preference, in the morning from 8 am to 12 noon or in the afternoon from 1 to 5 pm, according to the availability of classrooms and teachers.
As private we also offer the following special classes:
- Travel courses
- Medical courses
- Legal courses
- Business courses
- Cultural courses
- Spanish for teachers
- Spanish for DELE exam
- Spanish for children
- Also we offer online Spanish lessons in Skype
Entre Volcanes Spanish Academy offers the opportunity to live with a Costa Rican host family. A private room, breakfast, lunch or dinner (optional) and laundry service are all provided.
In Turrialba families are living around 10 or 15 minutes walking from School. It is also possible to take a taxi from downtown for only CRC 700 ($1.5)
If students do not want to stay with a host family, there is a wide variety of hotels and hostels near to school,
No matter what time the student arrives, at the airport exit there will be a driver from Entre Volcanes Academy waiting. The student should look for a sign with our logo and his/her name.
The driver will have the host family, hotel, or apartment information and will take the student there at no extra cost.
Internet access and telephone
- Students can use Wi-Fi for free.
- If students need to call local or international we have a phone they can use and cards to be sold.
- The Costa Rican cellular telephone system now allows the use of USA cellular phones. However prices are about $1 per minute and it is possible only in 4-band cellphones.
- At school we have a complete kitchen; students can use it at break and lunch time for free.
- Restaurants, discos, internet cafes and all the services from city are just 5 minutes walking from the school!
If you want to do volunteer work, you can talk with our staff to determine which organizations will meet your expectations. It is possible to do volunteer work in Turrialba while you are studying or after finishing your Spanish program.
- Standard group classes (4 hours per day): $190 per week
- Private Spanish classes:
$200 / 10hrs per week
$300 / 20 hrs per week
$360 / 30 hrs per week
$440 / 40 hrs per week
- *Special prices for groups over 6 people
- Incl. Breakfast & laundry
- Incl. Breakfast, dinner & laundry
- Incl. Breakfast, lunch, dinner & laundry
- Taxi transfer International Airport in San Jose direct to accommodation of choice